Thursday 24 August 2017

A Heartache's Serenade

If the world is joined by one giant sky,
Then what is this distance between you and I?

If lives are connected by feeling and memory,
Then why do the lines between feel so empty?

Though I would challenge that endless sky
To bridge the gaps and sew the lines
I would only be cherishing that simple lie
That everything would be proper, in time

If I pray for a star that would fall,
Would my wishes come true after all?

If I stretched out my hand to grasp,
Would the touch between us be able to last?

Reaching beyond my measured means
For any sort of contact with you, beyond
A fruitless and soulless task it may seem
But I've no greater longing than to carry on

If together, we stepped forward through that endless space,
What catastrophe would occur, if our hands interlaced?

If together, we met through all interference,
What would happen to the laws and the consequence?

You've been erased from me, every last sign
But nothing withholds me from thinking
I'll not wait for something great or benign
To assist me in my desperate quest of seeking

If I could only begin to understand,
Would our lives be entwined in the next, wide land?

If I could be greater, and mightier, and grand,
Would I live for tomorrow, and be able to stand?

The time when our hearts would meet
Beneath blazing gold and burning azure
That is the time that forever I seek
For none other has any greater allure

If the world is joined by one giant sky,
Could I cover the distance between you and I?

If lives are connected by feeling and memory,
Could I fill in these lines, and complete our assembly?

There are no worlds that can fill this space
There are no words that can slow my pace
There is no line that I cannot cross
There is no time that I have lost
There is no sky I cannot fly
There is no lie I will not try

Our lives are connected by feeling and memory,
Of hope, of love, of hate, of fear,
Emotions that fill these lines, not empty

The world is joined by one big sky
And I know now, that the stars that blaze above
They're meant for you and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment